Generally, the Comfort Testing, Air & Water Balancing (TAB) process includes
(1) balancing air and water distribution systems
(2) adjusting the total system to provide design quantities
(3) measuring quantitative performance of all equipment
(4) verifying automatic controls
(5) recording and reporting with schematic drawings.
These procedures are accomplished by checking installations for conformity to design, measuring and establishing the fluid quantities of the system as required to meet design specifications, and recording and reporting the results.